3.23.2008

Derrick's B-day

Yesterday was Derrick's birthday. Derrick is in the 2nd grade at my school. The reason I know him is kind of odd. He is my brother's best friend's little brother. I went to his birthday party last night and didn't get home until around 11:30, which is sorta late for a 8 year-old. Well, I knew it was his birthday but I didn't know I was invited to his party until 30 minutes before the party so I tried to knit up a slug for him. I didn't finish it so I decided to stick it in a purse I knitted last December but the seam that linked the strap and purse together ripped so I grabbed my denim bag which is stuffed with unnecessary papers. While I waited for my parents to get out of the house, I stood in front of the recycling bin tossing out yarn labels and old patterns.

I ended up finishing the slug after dinner at the party which wasn't hard because all everyone was doing was playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
This is the game they are all so addicted to.
Derrick asked me to name the slug so I named it Grapefruit. Grapefruit ain't a guy or a girl just like how ain't ain't a word. Grapefruit is just Grapefruit. I will post a pic of Grapefruit next time I go to Derrick's house.

Also, I'm not done with my Recycled Pidge Scarf, yet.

No comments:

My life, my issues, and my solutions.